I finished the first large highway sign. The “concrete” bases are magnets to make it removable.
finally getting the signs built for the diorama. Vdubyajohn helped out by sizing the signs to scale, and laying them out so i can print a bunch on one page.
Saw this wagon with opening tailgate listed as part of a big lot of diecasts on craigslist and it is driving me nuts trying to ID it. Anyone know what this is and who made it?
The diorama is going well. Grass is done, and it and the roads are coated in several layers of matter clear lacquer. The stripes were done with pinstriping tape, which may or may not hold long term.
From my "favorite acquisitions of 2018" post that i never got around to writing.
...maybe don’t use a pic of the most famous baja bug in NY.
this was a quick build because i was bored last night. This is the gasser body using the chassis aand fromt wheels from a fire truck and a set of 3d printed rears.
Having just gotten it running again, I’m thinking of getting rid of the early 5.0 with its crude EFI in Project Colony Ship (my ‘87 Mercury Colony Park Wagon), and replacing it with something better (read: OBD2, and better parts availability).
I found these figures at Gamestop. While i don’t usually collect figures, i am a bit of a sucker for the Fallout franchise.
It started with wanting to replace a dry-rotted line to the charcoal canister I noticed while replacing a burned out bulb. Then i realized all the vacuum lines were dry rotted and cracked. Then i had to pull the upper plenum to reach to of the lines (thanks Ford!). While i had it off it made sense to replace the old…
Working on the grass for the medians. I did the main grass application last week, and today (hopefully) finished up the edges.
Definitely someones project car, but what a project! I’ve never seen a dune buggie with a pickup type bed before!
Yesterday my partner and i flew down to Miami and road tripped down US-1 to Key West for our anniversary.
When i saw this paint scheme on the HW Ranchero i knew it needed to be a gasser. Having finally replenished my stock of drag slicks, i was able to finally build it.
Bondo work done (unless I find a spot that looks terrible later). It has been primed twice, the roads a rattle-canned flat black. I ended up using the same cheap craft paint as my last diorama for the dirt parts, and mixed a couple colors and painted over wet paint to get a mixed color since dirt isn’t one consistent…
The radio in Project colony ship is barely functional. Anyone have a working 80s ford tape deck they are willing to part with?
Just another rusted M2 ‘59 Chevy Apache pickup. I didn’t intend to do two, but this one came with semi I’m rusting up the trailer of.
My partner and I’s anniversary is this weekend. I just today(!) booked tickets/car/hotel for us to fly down to Miami, and drive US-1 through the keys to Key West. We leave Friday morning.
Finally had a day that was slightly above freezing and not wet, so I could do some work on Project Colony Park. I can’t work on the big project of fixing the rust until it is warm enough to paint, so I’m trying to fix lots of fiddly problems.
Just a rotted M2 1957 Mercury Highway Cruiser for the junkyard. More than just paint, i actually ground rust damage into the body, though it is largely invisible.