It went to a new home today. Of course I made a deal the day BEFORE my CL ad started getting attention, but oh well.
I’m thinking about selling this thing again. I’ve
beaten on it worked out the kinks so I’m selling for much less that when I completed the project. Right now my price is $5K. Too much? Not enough?
Very loosely based on the Speed Champions set.
To match mine.
I took it to the local cars and coffee on Sat, felt good to drive it instead of use it as a storage shelf.
Somehow “move the battery to the trunk” turned into “redo the whole stereo”. I’m downsizing to a single 10" with 1/3 the power, I don’t really listen to it while wheeling anyway. Subs got filthy! I’m freeing up a ton of storage space which is nice, more room for beer.
Getting decent subwoofers in a Frontier (or any crew cab really) is a pain. I made an entirely too long video of my solution.
Last week I was in Cabo San Lucas. For my birthday my wife bought me the “Taste of Baja” driving package. It was expensive but amazing. These pics don’t do it justice. Let me set the scene.
Watch until around the 1:50 mark.
I’m trying to turn this 65 into a 68. Also, check out the difference between the exort and a pic of my screen. Color of the car is more accurate on screen.
I’m by no means a pro Forza painter, but I made my car. You can download it, just search for Abomination. There is no 68 in the game, so I made side marker lights front / rear. I also made my front air intake piece and plastic covers over the vents. Now that I look at it I should attempt adding my hood vents.
While out Gamblin last time I noticed quite a bit of one-wheel peel. I decided to upgrade the clutches in my limited slip to 03 Cobra carbon fiber units. This was my first time doing work on a rear differential. It wasn’t too bad, if you follow the instructions. I didn’t at first and struggled for a bit.
As threatened, here’s a longer post with more pics.
I did the WA gambler 500 last weekend, finally got some outside of the car video.
I didn’t want to put this here. My last Gambler trip taught me I needed a fuel can, that 5.0 is a bit thirsty. I had planned on putting the can IN the trunk, but it takes up a lot of room and made accessing other things a pain. I don’t want to store it in the roof basket, a gas shower sounds bad. Keeping it away…
I like it better than expected. I will have to re-engineer my removable roof panels, but I have a plan.
I had a couple issues on the Gambler. The biggest was the exhaust, I slammed a muffler on a small stump, bending it up into the drive shaft. I was able to bend it back good enough for the WA Gamber in a few weeks, but the car will need real repairs this fall.
With some pretty damn sweet pics I must say.