Bless Us All
blessusall
Dec 17 2014
Save

Like, a better route would be to have each kid complete a task in the classroom like cleaning up the play area, picking up their books and pencils before recess, not talking during quiet time or disrupting class, etc. If one of them fails to do that, the class doesn't get whatever reward that week. That DOES create a Read more

Dec 17 2014
Save

Yeah, uh... I hear you, but that is NOT a good way to teach that lesson to 5-6 year olds and I can't believe a teacher thought that was okay in the first place. At that age, your ability to learn and memorize a list is not so much related to your motivation/"personal responsibility" as it is to your a) ability to Read more

Dec 3 2014
Save

Sorry I didn't reply before—this is not that rescue, but I think I know the one you're talking about, and I have heard shady things about them as well! Then again, it was THIS rescue that told me about the shady things, so who knows! I'm really glad your dog ended up working out, and I'm sorry they withheld that Read more

Sep 18 2014
1

OMG I totally understand, and I'm so glad I could help. I, too, have fought to maintain the delicate balance between offending people and going broke. I promise that once you get to America, you'll realize that 99% of the situations you'll be in will not require tipping, and you're going to know the remaining 1% when Read more

Sep 17 2014
1

P.S. I can't think of a situation in which you would tip in retail. Being kind and polite is important, which I know you won't have trouble with, and in the "higher-end," specialized retail stores, many employees work on commission, which is the closest thing to tipping in that world. Unfortunately, many businesses Read more

Sep 17 2014
3

Even as an American, it can be very confusing. I never know whether to tip at places where I order and pick up food to go at a counter, for example, since there is a "Tip" line on the receipt, even though there wasn't "serving" per se. In those instances, I play it by ear. I also didn't know until recently that Read more

May 28 2014
1

This is the one I played! I still greet my sister by imitating that one lady's deep/stuffy-sounding voice saying, "OHH HI!" You know which one I mean. I know you can hear it! You want the 1996 version! I may still have it somewhere. If I can find it, I can help you out, but you would need a Mac and SheepShaver!

May 26 2014
Save

I've actually had it bookmarked on my phone and PC browsers so that I could track it down for my graduation in a few weeks. Now I am triple-motivated.

May 23 2014
4

I had a custom t-shirt made with this on it. I wear it around the English dept. and no one says anything. :(

May 20 2014
1

I don't know what it is, but this post makes me really happy. You seem really bright and cool and I'm glad you have made a good life for yourself. Makes me happy to see good people with good digs.

May 20 2014
2

Holy cow. I'm curious as to what she started screaming. Like, I can't even imagine what words someone would scream in response to "the school called, your daughter is sick" so all I can picture is just her going, "AAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!" surrounded by racks of sweatshirts.

May 13 2014
2

I should also say that even though I don't go to church anymore (not because I don't dig Unity, I just moved and am less into feeling like I need to go), I do still take advantage of Silent Unity, which is a 100% free line you can call and have someone pray with you over the phone about whatever you need. Broken car, Read more