JDMatt
JDMatt
10/19/19
12:35 PM
29

This comment is so boomer it just bought a Corvette.

10/6/19
12:44 PM
39

You nailed it. My wife loved her 2011 G37X but that doesn’t mean that Infiniti should still be selling that infotainment system in 2020 models.

8/15/19
11:06 PM
22

The largest barrier to widespread adoption IMO won’t be range, and probably not even recharge time. It’ll be the lack of durability testing. Tesla will be launching this with maybe tens of thousands of test miles logged. Freightliner puts their prototype trucks through millions test miles, on both the Redmond Oregon Read more

8/13/19
4:08 PM
74

We used to say that “every time you make something idiot proof, they make a better idiot.”

7/10/19
2:01 PM
14

This is an all-time great Jalopnik post.  Hall of Fame material.  

6/14/19
6:48 PM
11

That is so weird. Last summer, I looked at the house just to the left of this guy’s house.  Nice to see the 101 was also a mess back then.  

6/14/19
6:42 PM
12

This catches a really interesting time - this is the end of the boxy car era. The Ford Taurus and Mercury Topaz kind of got us started and, to a kid of the 80s like me they looked like space ships. And even though they had been out for a few years, the roadways are still clearly full of boxy cars. Read more

5/25/19
11:09 AM
465

How long before they decide that pavement is liable to potholing and rutting, and invent some sort of extruded steel sections for the vehicles to run on, to ensure the vehicles have a smoother, longer-lasting track to travel on?

5/24/19
8:15 PM
5

Well, we can blame(... actually, thank)the old Top Gear for ridding the world of one of the remaining Hyundai S-Coupes:

5/16/19
7:58 PM
9

To paraphrase a joke about lawyers: “99% of dealers give the other 1% a bad name.”

5/13/19
11:12 AM
31

Does anybody else remember those pages in Import Tuner magazine that were just rows and rows of different bumpers/side skirts/hoods? I vividly remember looking at those pages and making my own imaginary car. Read more

5/8/19
10:00 PM
3

Aaaannndddd, Detroit and others wonder why kids aren’t so hot about cars nowadays. God forbid, you actually do pull the wrong fuse for a reason that’s stupid, the cars will just stop on you. Very unforgiving in that respect. Sure, it’s great if you want to fiddle with electronics all day but how many kids have a spare Read more

5/8/19
5:29 PM
4

That’s pretty wild, I hadn’t really thought of that. I suppose the meta will eventually leak into the films proper and eventually you’ll have the trope of a hero character try to do something cool only to have the car go into limp mode. Read more

5/8/19
4:19 PM
12

When you start an epic slide in the rain only to have ESC reign you in like a joyless asshole, it always hurts my feelings.

5/8/19
4:17 PM
16

Fun Anecdote: Dale Earnhardt Jr drove the Pace Truck at the Daytona 500 this year, afterwards, on his podcast he spoke about the experience.

Apparently, he was literally not allowed to go faster than 60mph on the track (this is ok since that’s more than enough to cover the pace speed) but this limit wasn’t just some Read more