DeusExMach
DeusExMach
9/12/15
3:01 PM
Save

Decent reduction in weight, due to one SoC vs. four separate on-board systems, with a moderate reduction in power consumption, as well. Admittedly, neither factor by itself is all that impressive, but from a thrust-to-weight ration stand-point, it’s an enormously important advancement. You can now choose to fly with Read more

9/11/15
7:09 PM
Save

I recently met a man who sold his robotics company for just north of 3/4 of a Billion dollars. I can only assume he was all like:

8/13/15
10:06 PM
Save

Fixing a thing that falls within a wide range to a specific number makes it LESS arbitrary, not more.

As to why TNT vs. Dynamite, this was because of the same wide variability in composition plaguing TNT in your example, only on a larger scale with Dynamite. Dynamite is essentially nitroglycerin, clay and sawdust. TNT Read more

6/17/15
6:54 PM
1

“Listen [FIRSTNAME], it’s not you, it’s me. I know we had a lot of fun at [DOUCHEY FRAT BAR], but I’m just not ready for that kind of commitment...”

ah, shit... wrong dump algorithm...

6/17/15
6:50 PM
Save

90% of robot maintenance is turning them off and then turning them back on again. The other 10% is pushing legitimately broken ones out of the way...

6/17/15
6:42 PM
Save

Kiva Systems: A wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. Their robots are awesome. The people who work on the robots are even awesome-r. And handsome. And well-spoken. And DESERVE A RAISE FOR DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB TODAY, PAUL!!!

5/15/15
12:35 PM
Save

And as it turns out, the process hasn’t really changed much since the 40’s...

5/15/15
12:04 PM
Save

This is how it’s done. Here, I am referring to both the lens-making and the video. THANKS!

5/12/15
10:13 PM
Save

I remember when this movie was called “The Langoliers”

4/8/15
4:50 PM
Save

A lot of the time, the bank DOES pay for this. There’s a very big niche market in “property preservation services”, where people do things like cut the grass and board-up the windows at forclosed addresses. When Joe Q. Tax-Payer IS subsidizing this, it’s because the house was foreclosed upon by the municipality for Read more

4/8/15
4:43 PM
Save

Hell yeah! I like the enthusiasm! If you’ve got the economic ability, I recommend investing in rehabbing houses!

In the meantime, to prevent the further human-driven decay and entropy, this can make a prospective neighborhood at least not turn into a complete crack-town. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_wi… is a Read more

3/31/15
4:24 PM
Save

Wait, did you say Autism caused 9/11? IT’S ALL CONNECTED! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

1/5/15
4:13 PM
Save

I have an image in my head of the Navy's "Ghost Fleet" of not-quite-ready-for-decommission ships that have a fairly non-stop corrosion maintenance plan. I imagine a crew of dudes with a bunch of laser-scrubbers going to town on those bad bitches.