We learned that Walmart links come in a different format than expected, and have updated our logic to account for this when passing through utm parameters to Trackonomics
All tracking related to Cxense was removed from the Kinja codebase
Subtag data will only be valid as of this date for any posts on TheInventory.com
Impressions and clicks now go back to 2017, and splice counts and clicks go back to 2012
If a user clicks on an amazon link on the homepage stream excerpt, we are now sending source = “streamshare”
So that we can better track conversion for insets vs text links
We should now be able to provide more granular reporting for Trackonomics conversion
This also resolved an issue where random strings were being appended to the Source
We were previously using upload date within the MCP backend to know when a video was published. This was causing video performance pacing data to skew, since upload does not necessarily mean the video was embedded into a kinja post. We are now listening for video ids within the Kinja API to help determine when a video…
We are tracking the utm_campaign parameter if it is available on the url. Unlike in GA, where we can track utm_campaign on the session level, we are only able to track this parameter on the first kinja url that a user loads.
Origin/Source tracks how a user discovers content on Kinja. Values can refer to social networks (twitter, facebook) or to widgets in kinja proper (inset, youmayalsolike, secondscroll)
In Looker, we have a dashboard that allows the team to enter a Kinja ID and see how often that post was promoted on- and off-platform. Our ingestion for Facebook was only going back to 2017, which was not enough for evergreen content. We’ve crawled back through historical Facebook post urls and now have promotion data…
Fixed an issue in our data pipeline that had caused Amazon Subtag metadata to not write to our warehouse since 5/23
We noticed that a few queries were using EST vs EDT, so we have updated everything to use ‘America/New_York’. Note that this may cause some slight discrepancies if you are comparing the data in Looker to a previous export.
Updated our splice tracking to account for kinja backend changes, and re-ingested metrics from 3/21